LEONE AT IDS 2019
Leone Company has been manufacturing dental products in Florence Since 1934. Leone began from a very small workshop with resourceful craftsman and now has grown into a high-technology manufacturing industry. It was 1934 when Mario Pozzi, began his business activity. From the beginning, he has been adopted as the lion head of Marzocco, the Florentine symbol of excellence, as his trademark and so, began the history of Leone Spa.
When Mario passed away in 1961, his son Alessandro took over the business, by developing the production and the marketing of the products in Italy and abroad. Alessandro has been working tirelessly for years. The company’s achievements have been continuing since the late 1990s with the support of his daughter Elena, who is the current CEO of the company. Today the manufacturing facilities are located in the west region of Florence and are spread out over approximately 10.000 sq. meters, with 125 employees.
Leone Spa is the leading Italian manufacturer of orthodontic products and since 1993 it has been a member of the O.M.A. (Orthodontic Manufacturers Association) which incorporates the 12 worldwide leading orthodontic manufacturers. In 2001 Leone expanded its production introducing the Leone “Implant System”, a complete dental implant line. The high quality of all Leone products is the result of sophisticated manufacturing technologies and careful quality controls in accordance with UNI EN ISO 9001 and ISO 13485.
The marketing of the Leone products is complemented by the scientific division ISO, the Istituto Studi Odontoiatrici, that is located close to the production facilities, where daily training courses for doctors, orthodontists, technicians and commercial sale forces from all over the world are organized with the help of experienced and recognized academic lecturers and highly skilled professionals. After the acquisition of the US Distributor in 2017 which then became LeoneAmerica and the strengthening of sales activities through investments in the associate company Odontec, France.
What was Special at the IDS 2019?
LEONE IMPLANT SYSTEM
LEONE Ø 2.9 mm implant- Minimal Invasiveness, Maximum Reliability
Leone Ø 2.9 implant general features
–Made of medical grade 5 titanium (Ti 6Al 4V)
– Available lengths: 10, 12 and 14 mm.
– Shape: Geometrically, cylindrical shape in the first 7 mm of the coronal portion (common to all three lengths); apically a conical-cylindrical shape with a more aggressive thread design and the final part has a hemispherical apex with three lobes.
–Advantages of the shape: The conical apex improves the insertion properties allowing, in some cases, the under preparation of the implant site to increase the primary stability.
–Surface: micro sandblasted (Ra ≈ 1.0 µm)
–Best Suited For: Immediate Loading
- Outstanding Fatigue Strength due to the Leone
implant-abutment connection and medical grade 5 titanium.
- Ø 2.9 mm implant Indicated for limited interdental spaces and narrow ridges:
with upper lateral incisors & lower central and lateral incisors.
- Micro-sandblasted HRS surface mean roughness ≈ 1,0 µm
- Innovative Thread Design-Increases primary stability,
excellent for immediate loading
- Comical Apex- Improves the insertion properties
- The Leone 2.9 implant does not require any special surgical components; 3 drills out of the Leone surgical kit are used:
– lance drill
– pilot drill
– twist drill Ø 2,8 mm
- Innovative Carrier-increases the visibility of the implant during placement; two depth marks (at 1 and 2 mm) simplify sub crestal implant placement.
EXCEPTIONAL FEATURES WITH LEONE IMPLANTS
- Extremely resistant:
Despite its small size, mechanical fatigue tests show that the Leone 2.9 implant is the best choice in its category as to strength and stability.
- Mechanical tests:
The fatigue tests for the Leone 2.9 implant have been carried out at the Department for Industrial Engineering, University of Florence. The tests were performed according to ISO 14801.
The comparison of fatigue strength of the Leone 2.9 implant with test results of other small diameter implants published by competitors demonstrates that the Leone Morse taper connection ensures a higher mechanical strength than other implant-abutment connections.
The aggressive design and the good biomechanical behaviour of the Leone 2.9 implant allow successful implant therapies also in compromised situations such as narrow ridges and limited interdental spaces. The reduced invasiveness compared with a cylindrical Ø3.3 mm Leone implant makes it suitable for the placement in narrow spaces, typical of the aesthetic zone. The great mechanical resistance makes it reliable since it has an adequate margin of safety in relation to masticatory loads.
LEONE IMPLANT ABUTMENT CONNECTION
The Leone 2.9 implant presents the key features of the Leone Implant System, especially the screwless self-locking Morse taper connection and the Platform Switching design with all the well-known advantages, no micro-gaps and micro movements at the implant-abutment interface, preservation of the crestal bone over time and prosthetic simplicity and safety
Leone 2.9mm implants have the same internal connection as Leone Ø 3.3 mm implants, it is therefore possible to use the whole range of prosthetic components (healing caps, transfers and abutments) with green colour code green colour code.
4 SIMPLE SURGICAL PROCEDURES:
- Use of the round bur or of the lance drill to mark the cortical bone for the subsequent drills
- Use of the Ø 2.2 mm pilot drill: drill up to the depth mark corresponding to the length of the selected implant.
- Use of the twist drill Ø 2.8 mm, short or long: drill up to the reference mark corresponding to the depth of 6.5 mm
- Insertion of the Implant
LEONE ORTHODONTIC PRODUCT RANGE:
- Expansion Screws
- Wire and wire forms
- Direct bonding
- Brackets and tubes
- Elastics and ligatures
- Orthodontic mini implants and intra-extraoral Products
- Pliers and instruments
- Office and laboratory supplies
- Diagnostic and laboratory equipment
Quality is everything at Leone
The high quality of the Leone products is the result of sophisticated manufacturing techniques and accurate quality control conforming to UNI EN ISO 9001, ISO 13485, USA-FDA 21 CFR Part 820 rules and Japanese Ministerial Ordinance MHLW no. 169.
For Information on the Complete Product Range Log on to www.leone.it