Inventor of Strategic Implantology. Prof. Stefan Ihde.
Dr. Vivek Gaur, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in conversation with Dr. Stefan Ihde, Father of Modern Basal Implantology.
Dentistchannel Online would like to thank Dr.Stefan Ihde, Dr.Vivek Gaur and the entire team of Simpladent for giving us the opportunity to share the knowledge on One-piece implants to the entire Dental fraternity.
One-piece Implants have always proven to be successful in many ways. The most important reason is that with one piece Implants a patient can get his fixed teeth in 72 hours! Moreover, any patient can be treated. Dr. Stefan adds, failure can occur in any implant system. These failures need to be identified and corrected as soon as possible to prevent further damage to the patient. The same can be easily rectified with Strategic Implantology. What about the patients who don’t have bone? Strategic implants can be placed in the cases with very less bone or no bone.
Strategic Implant offers enormous advantages compared to the old-fashioned technology of 2-stage implants. The advantages are as follows:
- The Strategic Implant is used as a rule without any bone augmentations. Nevertheless, virtually all patients can be treated. With the extremely well-developed technique and the profound knowledge of surgical methods there’s stability for immediate loading in almost all cases.
- Strategic Implant are anchored as a rule only in cortical bone areas (“osseofixation”), and therefore can utilize the implants immediately. Later, over time, other intra-bony parts of the implant osseo-integrate. No dependence on osseointegration for the success of the treatment. Cortical bone provides a high level of mineralization, and this provides stability. At the same time the metabolism of this bone is and remains low.
- Strategic Implants can be placed right after the extraction of the teeth, even if periodontal or peri-apical infections are present before extractions. It is not necessary to treat these infections separately, because the tooth will be anyway removed.
- The treatment success does not depend on the availability of vertical bone. Hence, treatment in the cases of very resorbed bone (“atrophy”) is also possible.
- For the strategic Implant, no waiting time or healing time is necessary. On average the treatment with the incorporation of the fixed teeth is completed within 72 hours.
- In case of complications the Strategic Implant can be removed easily, and it is usually replaced immediately.
- The bone around the Strategic Implant does not develop “Peri-Implantitis” the biggest advantage in Implantology.
All Strategic Implants used in the Simpladent Group come from the Simpladent GmbH in Gommiswald, Switzerland. The modern, patented Strategic Implants are certified and registered in many countries.
For more Enquiries contact the Indian Distributor
Mr. Anuj Gaur