WhatsApp use – benefits during the current Corona pandemic
WhatsApp – Connecting you with those who matter the most
WhatsApp, one of the most used chat app around the world helps you connect with those who matter most. During the current pandemic situation due Coronavirus infection i.e., the COVID19, messenger app like WhatsApp has really great application in connecting with our near and dear ones who are apart. With social distancing in order, having socializing app- WhatsApp is a real boon to millions. Here are some of the ways you can use WhatsApp to look after friends and family, stay up to date with the latest official health information, and share information responsibly.
3 noteworthy points on using WhatsApp
- Connect remotely: Use WhatsApp features, like groups,voice, and video calls to stay connected and provide support to loved ones even though you might not be able to be in the same place.
- Choose reliable sources of information: When you use WhatsApp to spread some information try to connect with local, national, and global organizations. For instance, in the present day we are going through Coronavirus pandemic. So, turn to trusted sources, like the World Health Organizationor your national health ministry, for the latest information and guidelines.
- Help prevent the spread of rumors: As lots of rumors and fake messages get spread, you need to filter out what you send others. With regard to Coronavirus pandemic think about the messages that you receive, because not everything you are sent about coronavirus may be accurate. Verify the facts with trusted sources. If you aren’t sure something’s true, don’t forward it.
How WhatsApp can help you stay connected during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic ?
WhatsApp has numerous uses and can be used effectively by any professionals. Here are some helpful tips for various professionals regarding using WhatsApp wisely.
5 Common ways to utilize WhatsApp
Here are tips for individuals or groups from any profession on utilizing WhatsApp.
- Stay connected
If you don’t already have patients’, students, customers or community members phone numbers, create a short link that patients can use to initiate a private WhatsApp chat with you. Share the link through email, your Facebook page, or any other non-public channel.
- Keep in touch with your teams
Use groups and group video calls to collaborate with your team remotely.
- Quickly respond to common questions
Save and reuse messages you frequently send to quickly respond to community members’ questions.
- Send messages from your computer
Use WhatsApp Web to manage a large number of WhatsApp messages quickly and efficiently from your desktop.
- Share accurate and timely information
Proactively inform and educate your community on how they can help slow the spread of the virus. Use photos, video and text to feature tips in a status update.
For Healthcare Professionals
3 Essential tips for healthcare professionals on using WhatsApp
- Host remote conferences/ Telemedicine: Use encrypted video and voice calls to connect with patients or colleagues who might be difficult to reach in person. In situation like Coronavirus pandemic, WhatsApp can be effective telemedicine tool.
- Inform and educate your community: By using status, you can post text, photo, and video updates. Share tips on hygiene best practices and other ways to slow the spread of the virus.
- Keep in touch with your healthcare team: Using groups and group video calls to share the latest outbreak related updates.
3 Essential tips for teachers on using WhatsApp
- Deliver lessons on WhatsApp: Share lessons in the form of text and voice messages. Facilitate discussions between students, just as you would in person, by creating a group for each class.
- Send and receive assignments: Use broadcast lists to assign homework to many students at once. Responses will only go to you so students can reply with completed assignments.
- Keep students engaged: Give your classes a behind-the-scenes look at your day by posting status updates.
For Nonprofits and Local Governments
3 Essential tips for Nonprofits and Local Governments on using WhatsApp
- Introduce your organization: Complete your business profile and set up custom greeting messages so people know where to find resources and more information about your services.
- Set expectations for response times: During this particularly busy time, let your community know when they can plan on hearing back from you by using an automatic away message.
- Showcase your services: Educate your community about the services available to them. Include service descriptions in your catalog, accessible through your business profile.
For Local Businesses
3 Essential tips for Local businesses on using WhatsApp
- Take customers inside your store: Accustomed to customers being delighted each time they visit your store? Give them a virtual tour with a status update. Share what’s available with your customers in real time. Use groups to connect with your top customers and update your catalog so customers can easily see what’s in stock.
- Share current business hours: Make sure your customers are aware of any changes to your hours of operation. Use your business profile to display days and times your business is open.
- Make pickups and deliveries more efficient: As foot traffic and in-store visits slow, store pickups and deliveries may increase. Turn on the live location feature in WhatsApp when you’re approaching a delivery address. This feature shares your location with customers and ensures a quick and simple exchange.
In this digital era social media platforms have greater role in connecting people. WhatsApp has been the most popular and most used messaging app around the globe and it has evolved a lot since its inception. With tremendous potential and numerous ways to use this application, WhatsApp is definitely a best choice for personal or business purposes, especially during crisis like Corona pandemic.