Homemade Toothpaste that can replace your regular toothpaste
Everyone has had that awkward moment when you’re getting ready to travel abroad, and you remember that you’ve packed your bags correctly, but what’s this…!!! You forgot to pack your toothpaste and toothbrush.
Simply running out of toothpaste at home can be just as frustrating on its own but not having a toothbrush can get to be quite embarrassing sometimes.
Fear not for we are here to help you…!
Here we have listed some useful life hacks that can help you brush your teeth without commercial toothpaste or a toothbrush.
Homemade Toothpaste Recipe
Ingredients To Use:
Did you know that many toothpaste companies use baking soda in their toothpaste formula…?
This is because Baking Soda acts as a cleaning agent that helps removes plaque and adds extra whitening power to the toothpaste, as it helps lift off stains from your teeth.
However, baking soda lacks fluoride, and will not be able to give you any enamel protection.
Cold Pressed Coconut oil
Coconut oil is known to be a magical cure for many tooth-related problems, and often takes the place of one of the healthiest oils to use for cooking or direct consumption.
Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and can protect against bacteria buildup in your mouth, it helps in defending against tooth decay and gum-related diseases.
Regular use of coconut oil can be really beneficial for conditioning, and polishing your tooth, and also helpful in regenerating the natural enamel of your teeth.
The organic cold pressed Virgin coconut oil is extracted from coconut milk through a centrifugal process, without the application of heat, as this retains the color, flavor, and nutritional benefits of the coconut milk.
The cold pressed coconut oil is preferred over the regular coconut oil due to its numerous benefits right from oral consumption of it to the usage of it for the treatment of scars, hair, and skin.
Common salt is widely used for cooking, it contains healthy minerals that act as a detox for your teeth and helps in releasing the naturally accumulated toxins from the body.
Many toothpaste commercials use salt as their main focus to attract customers because the benefits of salt are so widely known.
Cardamom is a spice with an intense, slightly sweet flavor that some people compare to mint, and is helpful for lowering your blood pressure, due to its antioxidant and diuretic properties.
Many Toothpaste Companies use cardamom in their toothpaste as it is a natural sweetener and adds a minty flavor to the toothpaste.
Method for mixing the paste
- Take half a Tablespoon of cold pressed coconut oil, and make sure it is cold and white as this adds to the gel like consistency.
- One spoon of baking soda, also make sure the quantity is right as this ingredient is quite strong when used for cleaning.
- Mix the above mentioned ingredients thoroughly until the baking soda has dissolved into the thick oil completely.
- Now it’s time to add some salt into the mixture and mix thoroughly until you get a thick paste-like consistency once it is done.
- Crush some Cardamom using a bowl and a pestle, and add the seeds of the cardamom to the paste and gently mix the paste, once this is done now your paste is ready.
- You can use this paste 2 to 3 times a day and not more than three, as using this more than three times a day could have negative effects.
Experience has taught us that a damp towel can sometimes be just as much of a toothbrush as any.
For those times when you are unable to get a toothbrush and in a hurry to go to the office or for some other work.
To use a damp towel as a toothbrush,
1. Simply wet a small corner of the towel and apply a dab of toothpaste to it.
2. Then gently wrap the inside of the towel around the index finger
3. Rub the towel wrapped around your finger against your teeth, making sure to reach all corners of your teeth.
4. Rinse with cold water and proceed as usual.
5. If no toothpaste is available, a damp towel is still effective for removing plaque and bacteria from teeth. In fact, this is the method most recommended for cleaning a baby’s gums.
6. You can also use this with mouthwash to get a fresh and minty breath.
You can find more amazing ideas like these at Savethetooth.in where you can also find our latest updates on Dental & Oral Hygiene.
Credits Images: https://www.pexels.com/license/